No out of pocket expenses for Veterans*
We are pleased to be able to treat Veterans and all dentists are Local Dental Officers for the Department of Veterans affairs meaning almost all treatment for Veterans with appropriate cover is for no cost.
What are Dental Services
Dental Services include treatments which keep your dentition and oral cavity healthy. They may include -
Who can receive it
You may be able to receive dental services if you have an assessed clinical need and a:
What you can receive
If you are eligible for dental services, your dentist may:
- assess the health of your mouth and teeth at regular check-ups
- treat any dental injuries or conditions
- repair cavities in your teeth with fillings or crowns
- provide you with dentures
- re-line your dentures every two years
- replace your dentures every 6 years, unless your dentures have been re-lined in the past year, or if your dentist recommends a replacement sooner
You may also be able to receive treatment from other approved dental providers, including dental hygienists, dental therapists and oral health therapists.
In most cases you won't need to pay for your dental treatment. However, an Annual Monetary Limit (AML) does apply for certain high cost items such as some bridges and crowns. If your high cost items exceed the AML of $2,563.20 per calendar year, you may need to make a co-payment.
You are exempt from the AML and don’t need to make any co-payments if:
you are an ex-prisoner of war (POW)
the treatment is for an accepted service-related injury or condition; or
the treatment is for malignant cancer that affects your teeth or jaw